If you want to move to Poland
in order to get a job or to open a Polish company
, you must be aware that in order to have legal right to stay in Poland, you need to obtain a residence permit
What are the terms for obtaining a resident permit in Poland?
In Poland, permission for temporary residence is granted for a minimum 2 years, and can be renewed every two years. In order to obtain a residence permit, you must submit an application to the appropriate consulate of Poland, usually found in your country of residence. In case you have already been staying in Poland, you can apply directly to the appropriate regional office of a provincial governor.
Such permit stands for your documentation for legal residence thorough your whole stay in Poland. It allows you to travel to and from Poland. If you plan to move to Poland with your entire family, meaning with your partner, as well as with any children, every person will need to apply for residence permits. The first steps into doing so are to provide proof of accommodation, employment and ability to support yourself and your family during your stay in Poland.
In what cases the resident permit is issued?
The resident permit applies to foreigners who can guarantee that they have circumstances that obligates them to stay in Poland for more than three months, such as:
- If they obtained a work permit or a written declaration of an employer
- Has recognized artistic abilities that are used in Poland
- Participates in training and internships under EU programs
- Is married to a Polish citizen
- The purpose of the stay is related to joining the family
In order to obtain the resident permit in Poland, the applicant has to address Cantonal Office and present specific documents, but he or she will be charged with a specific fee for this procedure.
What are the needed documents to apply for a resident permit?
There are specific documents one must provide when applying for a resident permit, such as:
- 4 copies of the application
- 4 updated colored photographs of exact dimensions (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Documents that confirm the need of an extended stay in Poland
- Proof of fulfilment of tax liabilities with the State Treasury
- Confirmation of registration for temporary residence
- A legal copy of the document that proofs that the applicant has a place to stay